- Final shortlist for the RIBA Stirling Prize 2004;
- Shortlisted, Prime Minister’s Best Public Building Award ;
- Winner, National RIBA Regeneration Award;
- Winner, Best mixed-use project, Property Week Regeneration Awards;
- Winner, RTPI Awards, Planning For City Regeneration;
- Winner, Birmingham Post, Best City Centre Apartments;
- Winner, FORCE Awards, Best Landmark Building;
- Runner Up, Insider Property Awards, Best Regeneration Project;
- Commended, Structural Steel Award;
- Commended, Civic Trust Award.
Part of the Stirling Prize short-listed Coventry Phoenix Initiative, Priory Place is the centrepiece square within the project, with media, restaurant and residential space all integrated with the new public spaces.
As the second phase of CDP’s partnership with Coventry City Council in the £70m Phoenix Initiative, Priory Place represented the major new build project.
In total, 30,000sqft of new media, bar and restaurant space and 85 private apartments have been built, all surrounding a major new public space containing various elements of public art.
The development was designed by MacCormac Jamieson Prichard and integrates traditional red sandstone with modern render and cedar cladding to create high quality buildings to compliment the high quality public spaces created as part of the Phoenix Initiative.
The commercial space is anchored by the BBC’s new media centre for Coventry and Warwickshire and four bar and restaurant units are open and trading, benefitting from extensive external seating in the south-facing square.
Overall, the Coventry Phoenix Initiative has been recognised as a spectacular success through a host of awards.