Abbotts Park will be a new, sustainable residential district in Coventry city centre, connecting communities through the creation of the new linear park that will be at the heart of the new scheme.
With funding from the West Midlands Combined Authority, we have invested in providing the landscaping first, creating a new eco-corridor in the heart of the city for the wider community to enjoy from December.
Following the concerns raised over an application that was submitted for the site in 2019, we have started afresh taking on board comments from local residents and the planning committee.
The new scheme:
- Has been completely redesigned
- Includes more of a mix of housing, including 1, 2 and 3 bedroom apartments, duplexes and townhouses
- Will provide 20% affordable housing
- Includes more car parking
- Is greener, hiding car parking underneath the buildings allowing the new linear park to flow through the site
- Will have exemplar sustainability credentials Increasing carbon efficiency by 40% above building regulations requirements